April 23, 2012

PANIC ATTACK!!!! Aaaarrggghhh! By Jeri

If you have ever suffered a full blown panic attack you hope and pray it will never happen again. It is frightening when you suddenly feel overwhelming anxiety and fear, your chest tightens and you feel you can’t breath. I found relief through Foot Zone Balance Therapy. Yes, you read it right… blessed relief!

After my youngest son, Cameron, was born I began experiencing panic attacks. I had no idea what they were, only that they were really scary and I felt like I was going crazy! Heck, I was crazy! Over the years they seemed to subside a bit and I learned to live with them. Fast forward 20 years.

A little over 3 years ago I was asked to sing a solo for a Relief Society Program at church. I grew up singing in a quartet with my sisters and was never afraid to sing. However, the night before the program a dress rehearsal was scheduled. As I stood at the microphone and the introduction to the song was being played, I found myself terrified and unable to breath, I could not catch my breath, my lungs felt like they had quit functioning, my heart was pounding out of my chest and I could hear the loud thump, thump of it beating in my ears. I felt crazy, shaky and dizzy. I wanted to run, but all I could do was stand there. I tried to sing, but the only sound that came out was breathy gasping sounds. All eyes were on me. It was a creepy experience.

I needed quick relief, yet was very opposed to prescription drugs because of previous experience. The night of the performance I inhaled LeTranquility Essential Oil from Butterfly Express and practiced deep breathing exercises. I was worried about a repeat of the night before. The oil kept a full blown panic attack at bay, but I needed help. I found that help in the form of Foot Zone Balance Therapy.

The zone was able to access all the systems in my body, create a healing environment and balance. It brought peacefulness and calm into my life and gave me a desire to take charge of my health. Thankfully, I no longer suffer from debilitating panic attacks. If fear creeps in I recognize it as an imbalance in my body and realize another zone is needed to achieve homeostasis to bring peace back into my life. I LOVE the zone!

P.S. Remember to enter our GIVEAWAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment