March 26, 2012

What’s eating you?... by Jeri


I just finished watching “Hungry for Change”, which was the link that Jada posted on our Facebook page on Friday. I highly recommend this documentary to anyone who is suffering from degenerative disease, depression or who is under or over weight.

Growing up, my mom would always say, “you are what you eat”! It took years before I finally understood the full impact of that statement. Depression, hypoglycemia, weight gain and sleep apnea were just a few of the things my body was suffering from. I was in a state of dis-ease because of the crappy fuel I was feeding my body. The irony is, I thought I was eating healthy. I was paying special attention to the TV commercials and they were teaching me what was healthy! The sleep apnea was so bad that I stopped breathing 80 times in one hour during the sleep test. Also, during the day I would stop breathing multiple times. My body was in a state of degenerative dis-ease because it was not absorbing the much-needed nutrients to survive and I was irritable and grumpy. 

Several major defining moments lead me to drastically change my life and eating habits. I was not expecting what happened. Thirty-five pounds melted from my body and the sleep apnea and hypoglycemia symptoms disappeared.  I was happy and experiencing joy… the bad days had turned to great days and I learned to love myself!

In Hungry for Change, Dr. Christiane Northrup says: “The stronger your witness self gets, the healthier you get. As a doctor, let me tell you what self -love does; it improves your hearing and your eyesight, it lowers your blood pressure, it increases pulmonary function and cardiac output… If we had an epidemic of self -love, then our healthcare costs would go down dramatically.  This isn’t just some little… new age notion… this is hard core science!”

Science! Is the food you are putting into your body eating you? If so, maybe its time for change.


No comments:

Post a Comment